Monday, October 1, 2012

The School


The Administration Building.  It is huge! This is where we have use of the gym, well that is pretty much all we use in this building. It is the first thing you see when you arrive at the campus.  




This is the view from my classroom.  That little building on the left of the photo is our Canadian Trillium College office.  



My very own classroom.  Can you believe it?! It even has my name on the door. The kids in my class are just awesome.  Seriously.  It is so great to be able to teach and not have to worry (yet) about classroom behaviours.  The students respect their teachers, and their classmates. They do their homework and want to try.  They enjoy learning (for the most part) and they make teaching, a fun job.  (other than the marking which I am just going to have to embrace!)



Leading up to the classroom is a very dark hallway.  It is not the most welcoming place, however once you arrive in the classrooms, they brighten up and allow all of the fun to happen!


My classroom! Hello Tribes, thank-you for your help.  I have been trying to implement my version of Tribes in the classroom.  Maybe it is my procrastination technique on delivering the Curriculum. ;). So this is before I mixed them into groups.


Worst noise ever.  Students pushing their chairs from their desk and scraping the floor.  Solution.  Have every student bring in two tennis balls to put on the bottom of the chairs.  Ahhhhhh...peace and quiet. 




And this is what the kids will see when they return from their holiday! Suprise! Your in groups and I have made them!! 


I have placed a quote from Heather at the door. It always reminds me that life is short, and that living a year of firsts is something of a rarity.  I am able to teach in China, and live every day doing something new.  Thank-you Heather for inspiring myself and the kids in my classroom to live life every day to the fullest. 







No comments:

Post a Comment