Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Captain Morgan

When living in Jinhua, finding alcohol from home is not easy. Well, certain types are not easy to find anyways.  On two previous trips to Wal Mart, I was unable to find my Dear Captain Morgan. (although I found his girlfriend, Bailys). BUT, while riding my bike into town last night, success looked like this:

1. Putting my bank card in the bank machine, and it was the wrong one, or didn't give money, or was for something else, not sure what this machine was for, BUT,  everything was in Chinese, my card was in the machine, and I forgot my phrase book (which actually has the words, "my bank card is stuck in the machine"). Success was looking at the photo options and one resembled getting my card back, pressed it, and VOILA! Hello BMO card.

2. I rode my bike successfully (obviously or I wouldn't be writing this blog) through the two crazy intersections, twice. I rocked it actually. Once I crossed the intersection, no joke, I cheered out loud YESSS!! and then threw my hands up in the air. (cause I'm a rockstar and can ride with no hands).

3. Cruising through Wal Mart, looking for a hair dryer, and decided to give one more look for Captain Morgan. I walked up to the counter slowly, peeked and saw Baily's, and there it was. Sitting on the shelf as beautiful as ever.  I pointed to the Captain Morgan, gave a big smile and said again, YESS!!. The staff giggeled , knew exactly what I wanted and brought it over.  They were either laughing because they realize I have a problem when success is finding your favourite alcohol, (because there is now way there are Pilly's here) or because I'm talking to myself and they cannot understand a word I am saying.

4. Finding badly translated English, always makes me laugh out loud, this one in particular is awesome.



Another success I should mention is that there were no fireworks this morning. Lately, or every day, at random times of the day, oddly mostly in daylight they put off fireworks.  That might sound awesome for about five minutes, until you hear them ALL the time.  Unfortunately fireworks have lost their appeal for me.  BUT today, none.  With the help of Captain Morgan, sleep was a success and woke up before my alarm.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment