Monday, October 1, 2012

The Food.


Another exciting part about moving to a new country is trying all of the new food! The Chinese school treated us to dinner at this very fancy Chinese Restaurant.  I must say, the food was delicious!! The restaurant itself was beautiful. I will not be eating here anytime soon, as the cost is over my budget, especially when I can eat noodles and a beer for the equivalent of just over two Canadian dollars.



This is Colleen, I am sure you will be meeting her in many of the posts I put on here.  We have been adventuring this city together.  It is wonderful to have someone to share all of these new things we are experiencing in a very new country.

I didn't actually try this dish. The fish here, so far, have had quite a few little bones in them.  Personally it is more work to get the bones out than to enjoy the fish.  I am sure it is wonderful, but made me miss my little sushi train in Banff.



Here is where Colleen and I had a Clubhouse sandwich, I wish I had a photo because instead of napkins they give you plastic gloves to eat with.  It is kind of genius when I think about it, no food on my hands, heck I don't even need to wash my hands before I eat it! Coffee is more expensive then the sandwich here, however it is so yummy that it is worth the cost.



This little gem is where I was taken on my first day in Jinhua.  They serve the yummiest dumplings with peanut and HOT sauce. We went here yesterday for breakfast, this time we had our dumplings with Tofu (which was actually awesome!).  The man who own's this place is absolutely wonderful and the total cost for two of us to have tofu, dumplings and peanut sauce was 11RMB, 2 dollars. NUTS!! 



Seriously, for those of you who know me, I'm in heaven.  Noodles and dumplings EVERY day! And, I don't even have to feel guilty about it because it is the norm. I love the food here so far.  



KFC anyone? Seriously, this is some good KFC, it is spicy, not to greasy and best of all cures any hangover just like in Canada. Actually, when the kids talk about going to Canada, they often complained about our food, and our KFC in particular.  They thought it was "disgusting"


This is just around the same place as the massage.  We went for bbq and it was fantastic.  Everything was on skewers, you ordered as you were eating and it was a fantastic event.  It was our first full staff outing and it was great to have some food that wasn't dumplings or noodles, and get to know each other outside of work.


Yes! This is all for us! So yummy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment